Stridekick can connect with Android Jelly Bean(4.1) or later as your tracking device. You will be connecting your phone via Google Fit.
1. Create a Google Fit account and set up to sync if you haven't already.
- Download the app from here.
- Set up your Google Fit to sync by following these steps
- Go to Settings -> Accounts -> Google
- Set Sync Google Fit to "On"
NOTE: If you are in a power save mode or have disabled syncing for Google, then your steps will sync less frequently or not at all.
To check if your steps are syncing from the Google Fit app, go to fit.google.com. If you do not see steps there, you may need to adjust the settings on your device so that Google Fit is syncing more frequently.
2. Login or Sign up for Stridekick via our app or on the web.
3. Navigate to https://stridekick.com/users/device or More-> Change Device on the app
4. Select Google Fit from the list of devices.
5. You will be prompted to login to your Google account.
6. Click Allow to give Stridekick offline access so that we can sync your steps.
You should now be connected. Join some challenges and get stepping!
If you are having trouble or don't see any steps:
It's important to remember Stridekick is connected to Google Fit's cloud which is located at fit.google.com, it is not directly connected to the app on your phone. So if you don't see steps at fit.google.com it means the app on your phone hasn't synced with the Google cloud, which is why you may see delays in steps showing up on Stridekick. Google Fit seems to sync less frequently between the Fit app and fit.google.com (where we get your steps). Until your steps have synced with Google at fit.google.com, we will not be able to see them.
If you don't see steps, you should check if Google Fit is syncing from the app to the Google cloud (fit.google.com). Go to Settings (for your phone) -> Personal -> Accounts -> Google and make sure that Sync Google Fit and Sync Google Fit data are switched to on. Then, click the menu at the top left hand corner where it says "More" and tap "Sync now".
Additionally, if you have a work gmail, make sure that the account on your app is the same account that is connected to Stridekick.com.
If you have any issues email us at
and we'll help you get connected.